Do you have a sentimentally irreplaceable sofa or couch that is damaged? Have pets, family, overnight guests, and life in general brought some severe wear and tear to your furniture? The solution doesn’t always have to be to pour thousands of dollars into redecorating a room. Consider reupholstering your furniture.
Reupholstering furniture can be the perfect way to liven up and change a room you’ve grown tired of, all while keeping the shape and lines of the furniture you fell in love with so long ago.
Reupholstery is the restoration of the webbing, springs, frame, and fabric of existing furniture. You can trust an upholstery shop to renew their furniture when the frame is of high quality but the upholstery needs to be repaired or renewed.
Mony people build their reems around the sizes and shapes of their existing furniture. That may mean a huge outlay to change many other elements in yoru rooms if you buy new furnishings. This makes renewing upholstery a good option budget-wise. Furniture is paramount to a room’s overall decor. Re-upholstery is a fashionable and more economical option than purchasing new furniture.
Here are 8 Reasons People Choose to Reupholster Their Furniture:
1. Reupholstery Extends to the Entire Piece: Rеuрhоlѕtеrу іѕ not juѕt the replacement of fabric; іt еxtеndѕ to thе rераіr оr rерlасеmеnt of ѕрrіngѕ, fоаm, раddіng, аnd wооd.
2. Restoring or Redesigning Quality Pieces: For many people, they realize their furniture piece is still in great shape except for the fabric or cushioning, and its quality construction has lasted longer than same of their newer pieces. Older constructions are often of higher quality and should be preserved. Furniture built with solid hardwood, 8-way hand-tied coil springs, and solid construction are quality pieces worth saving.
3. Style Change: Oftentimes in life, people’s styles change. It could be new preferences for color, patterns or design. Or the combining of households. There is certainly no reason to waste a good piece of furniture or dump it into a landfill. For some, new fabrics may be needed because there are children or pets in the home now.
4. Customization: Choose from our collection of designer fabrics, decorative accents, and cushion inserts to create a unique piece of furniture that suits you perfectly.
5. Sentimental Reasons: Another major reason for reupholstering is purely sentimental. Your chair, sofa or loveseat may be your favorite piece of furniture, or maybe you inherited a piece from your parents, grandparents, or favorite aunt. Sometimes everyone in the family loves a piece, including the dog!
6. Cost: Reupholstery costs less than a comparable-quality new piece of furniture. Our fabrics span a wide range in price, so we can work within your budget.
7. Go Green: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Reupholster. Keep beautiful furniture out of landfills using our wide variety of recycled and environmentally friendly fabrics.
8. Reupholstery Helps Save the Environment: Buying new furnishings signals furniture manufacturers to use more raw materials to create more low-quality furnishings. We’ll use only the materials and resources we need to restore your already rugged and strong frame to its former glory. You’ll help save the planet and your favorite furnishings simultaneously.
Remember, not all furniture has to be the same pattern. Matching in color schemes or choosing complimentary colors is sure to give you a vibrant and chic look like you had an interior designer come in and design your home. That old furniture will look brand new with new stuffing and new life added to it.
In the end, the decision is up to you. You’re the one who’s spend countless hours sitting in your chair or sofa. You’re the one who knows just how solidly it’s built. If you feel that this piece of furniture is worth saving, upholstery repair may be the best option.
Take advantage of the cost-effectiveness and proven value of furniture reupholstery with the help of Armand’s Drapery, Shutters, and Upholstery.
When people think of reupholstering their furniture, they’re often planning to make old-looking, shabby fabrics look new again. And reupholstering definitely does that!
But that’s not all that fresh upholstery can do for you!
New Upholstery Reduces Allergens in Your Home
Having a piece of furniture reupholstered doesn’t just change how clean it looks and feels- it changes how clean that chair IS. For people that are allergen-sensitive, or for furniture that has lived with pets for years, the application of fresh fabrics can notably change the histamine reactions of people around the item. This is an effect you won’t get from running a wet-vac over your couch or fabreezing your ottoman.
The Right Upholstery Can Hide or Repel Pet Hair
If you’re more allergic to seeing tufts of your fur-baby’s hair everywhere that to the pet themselves, reupholstering can help you. You can make the hair stand out less with furry tan fabric to match your faun shaggy dog, or pick a salt-and-pepper houndstooth to go with your black and white hounds.
If you’d rather repel than disguise the hair, you can choose slick real and faux leathers, shiny soda-shop style plastics, and other wipe-clean options.
Create a Whole New Look and Feel in Your Home
Have you become more minimalist than your busy floral pattern couch is? Maybe you never were as boring as the tan chairs in the breakfast nook. Because furniture is so central to a room, any changes you make to the texture, color, or form of your furniture has the power to change a room.
By refurbishing with a fabric that fits your personality better, you can change the impression created by the pieces you already have in your home. Trade in something scratchy and dull for velvety and bright. Or switch out busy and distracting for smooth and relaxing. To add to your dramatic change, you can paint the visible wood and metal portions of many chairs, too.
Armond’s Drapery has a selection of fabrics that is truly unmatched. The style you’re going for, the look you want, is here. Once you select the right fabric for you, the staff at Armond’s will transform your furniture for you, making your home into the place you want it to be. Send us a message or call us today at 925.283.8717 to get your questions answered or set a time to look at fabrics.